The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for delivering analytic solutions to facilitate more informed business decisions. These solutions include collecting, querying, organizing, analyzing, reporting, and presenting information in support of the business. This position continually strives to identify business needs and providing analytic insights as solutions. This role is focused on supporting the analysis that will increase revenue, reduce costs, and/or increase the quality of customer service. This role will cultivate and promote a data-driven culture.
Detailed Job Description:
Conduct ad-hoc analysis to facilitate decision making
- Perform research and analysis, generate insights and translate insights into opportunities.
- Leverage data extraction and statistical analysis to provide historic, current and predictive trends in key performance indicators.
- Develop ad-hoc reports to support decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Use analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Excel) to query data repositories and generate reports; compile reports to help business managers make decisions by identifying trends and patterns in stored operational data found in data warehouses or isolated business databases.
- Support the organization as a data and analytics driven organization.
Deliver recurring business reports that facilitate trend analysis and decision-making
- Coordinate the design and delivery of timely & essential reporting that permits stakeholders to monitor results, project future results based on proposed changes, and anticipate business needs to meet strategic objectives.
- Assist management in establishing or enhancing the measurement of key performance indicators for dashboard/scorecards.
Serve as an internal expert on data management methods and practices
- Continuously learn, document, and understand the data management systems
- Collaborate with other employees to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Recommend, design, and deliver Business Intelligence solutions that enable fact-based decision making, ad hoc analysis, and insight generation.
- Promote and champion adoption of BI systems/tools/processes/methods where appropriate.
- Stay current with industry trends and advise and educate management on their relative importance and impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with BI related tools and data analytics background.
- SQL familiarity required.
- Tableau experience a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst preferred.
- Solid understanding of business intelligence concepts and relational databases, i.e. star schemas, dimensional models, and data marts.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, operations staff, field location managers and field location sales associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented individual with strong work ethic.
MS Word documents do not look appealing on the web!
If pasting from a Microsoft Word document, for best results, select the 'Paste From Word' option located in the toolbar above, then make any format changes using the toolbar controls.
To remove this notice, follow these steps:
- click your mouse inside the editor
- click ctrl-a
- click ctrl-x