Assistant Managers play a crucial role in making sure that all customers are provided with the best parking experience possible. They act as ambassadors for the Edison ParkFast brand, ensuring professional, courteous and timely service for all our guests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the management of day-to-day activities for the assigned locations, ensuring appropriate customer interaction, supervising the completion of all evening closing reports, processing bank deposits, scheduling staff, supervising and training frontline staff (cashiers and valet attendants), preparing month-end reports, auditing daily cashier shift reports, monitoring and checking time cards, reviewing of damage claims and disbursing petty cash.
- Participate in programs to improve client and customer satisfaction.
- Park and retrieve customers’ cars in a safe and courteous manner and assist customers in getting in and out of their vehicles.
- Engage in the development of property-level financial and operational goals.
- Assist customers by answering any questions they may have.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by the facility manager.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the facility manager.
- Assist with cleanup of debris, water and oil spills.
- Retain a thorough knowledge of all areas of the facility, including familiarity with the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assist facility manager with other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School Graduate. A minimum of six months of parking experience preferred. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a current address an acceptable driving record. Must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
Availability to Work:
Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or weekends may be required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company. Speaks clearly; listens and requests clarification whenever necessary; responds well to questions.
Customer Service Skills:
Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using American units of money.
Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and wear complete uniform at all times.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, including delays or unexpected events.
Have a strong customer orientation and positive attitude. Able to responds to requests for service and assistance in a courteous and professional manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use his or her hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Edison Properties an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era or other legally protected status. Edison Properties also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.