The Storage Associate provides outstanding customer service and account management assistance, including timely follow-up, to all storage guests at Manhattan Mini Storage’s 17 locations, achieving assigned sales goals, maintaining superior facility security and supervising maintenance personnel, as directed by the manager and assistant manager.
- Promote and execute sales of all Manhattan Mini Storage products and services to the general public, both in-person and over the telephone.
- Provide outstanding customer service and account management assistance, including timely follow up, to new, existing and previous customers.
- Monitor and respond to all building-related issues, including maintenance, inventory and access control.
- Direct and supervise maintenance personnel.
- Handle daily cash deposit review and reconciliation.
- Independently supervise building operations for extended periods of time, including crisis resolution and emergency response management
- Assist supervisors and managers with additional duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma
- Some College Preferred (can substitute for appropriate business experience)
- Background in any or all of the following:
- Key Holder Responsibilities
- Inventory Management
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Cash Handling
Availability to Work:
Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. Availability to work nights, overnights, holidays and/or weekends may be required.
Ability to speak and write fluently in English, and to effectively and clearly present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees
Customer Service Skills:
A positive, friendly, can-do attitude and a desire to “wow” storage guests, solving their problems, meeting their needs and giving them the best possible storage experience.
Proven ability with basic mathematical and accounting skills.
Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and wear complete uniform at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lift at least 50 lbs.
Work for extended period of time alone.
Obtain NYC Fire Department certificate of fitness within three months of hire
Climb up to 10 feet using a standard ladder.
Shovel snow, mop a floor and operate power tools (e.g. drill, snow blower etc.).
Edison Properties an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era or other legally protected status. Edison Properties also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.