Position Title: Shuttle Driver FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Manhattan Mini Storage
The Shuttle Driver employee performs transportation for MMS customers to or from one place in Manhattan to an MMS location while providing exceptional guest service.
The general responsibilities of the position revolve around the day to day process of driving guests to or from MMS locations. The Shuttle Driver is required to follow all safe driving laws and practices, and must maintain a clean shuttle at all times. Additionally, the Shuttle Driver will be responsible for providing high levels of guest service in the execution of his or her job duties
- Driver must follow all NY State traffic rules and regulations
- Driver must be able to use all smart phone and GPS features, i.e., calls (making and receiving), text messages (sending and receiving), following directions (Not while driving)
- Assure safe, convenient, courteous transportation for all guests from any point in Manhattan to any MMS Facility (and the reverse); Assist with the loading and unloading of their belongings and interact with guests to answer any questions/complaints
- Twice daily inspection of MMS Shuttle Vehicle before and at the end of the shift, i.e., lights, seat belts, brakes, condition of the outside of the vehicle, cleanness, mileage, fuel levels, damage inspection (if any).
- At the start of the shift, driver must check that proper tools are in vehicle , i.e., rechargeable power supply battery, safety kit, first aid kit, portable fridge, jack.
- Be flexible to work shifts/hours, including overtime to meet business needs, peak season volume periods, vacated shifts, and other emergency situations
- Responsible to maintain effective communication with management, dispatchers, and other employees to ensure high operational performance
- Report accidents, issues, or other information (both mechanical and cosmetic) to management
Takes Direction From:
Exec. VP MMS
Able to lift 50lbs
Able to work for extended period of time alone
Able to drive over-sized minivan in Manhattan
Able to shovel snow, wash vehicle, fuel vehicle, change tires
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no moving violations) for past three (3) years
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive (sit long periods of time); walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.