Here's what you'll do
Parking Attendants play a crucial role in making sure that all customers get the best parking experience possible. Attendants serve as ambassadors for the Edison ParkFast brand, ensuring professional, courteous and timely service for all our guests.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of driving, parking and retrieving customers’ vehicles in a safe and courteous manner, as well as assisting customers getting in and out of their vehicles. All parking attendants must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer questions in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Showing up for work every scheduled day on time.
- Maintaining a neat and clean appearance and arriving and remaining in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
- Inspecting each vehicle before taking possession and marking any findings on the tickets.
- Informing customers of valet rate as needed.
- Reporting any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to supervisor, facility manager or senior manager.
- Retaining a thorough knowledge of all areas of the facility, including familiarity with the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Providing directions to customers to various locations in the area, if needed.
- Observing all traffic laws and safe driving practices.
- Assisting supervisors and managers with additional duties as needed.
Driver's License & Driving Experience:
Must have a valid state driver’s license with current address and acceptable driving record and be able to drive both manual (stick shift) and automatic transmission vehicles. Prior valet parking experience preferred.
Availability to Work:
Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. Availability to work evenings, nights and/or weekends may be required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English and effectively present information to customers and other employees in one-on-one situations..
Customer Service Skills:
A professional, upbeat, attitude and the ability to respond positively to customer questions, problems or complaints.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using American units of money.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Parking attendants are required to regularly stand, walk and use his or her hands to handle cash and equipment. They are also required to reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Attendants are occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and they must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Edison Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era or other legally protected status. Edison Properties also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.